staff
updates
� 03.17.2016
Welcome to our soft opening! Help build the lore and start some plots!

� 03.19.2016
Tentative reservations were added to the play-by directory. Check it out!
featured
If you'd like to join, but would like a pre-made character, check out our new adoptables!
credits
Skin and mini profile coded by MISS TEXAS. at CAUTION. Toggle sidebar is from SubDevo and Custom Forum Structure script is from Black. Site templates posted by Santa Cera Press by Nicole from Caution with edits by Thea for this site. Affiliate tables by Little One of Caution with changes by Thea for this site.

Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply

It's My First Day, open
Berrick Hearthstone
 Posted: Dec 26 2016, 01:06 PM
Berrick Hearthstone
is currently Offline.
N/A
job
unemployed
~Fae
group
Thea
alias
13 secrets

winny. 142.
thx »

oh, oh, oh, I'm on fire.

When Winny said a doctor had examined him Brick knew there was trouble ahead. In his experience, nurses were nurturers. They took care of the patient's day-to-day, minute-to-minute needs. Doctors were problem solvers. They liked to know how things worked, to pick things apart, to ask questions.

"Oh, good," he muttered.

He sensed a change in Winny's demeanor as she took his blood pressure. He watched her keenly as she left his side to jot something on his chart. She said his blood pressure was high and he felt his mouth dry up.

And so it begins.

"Runs a bit high," he told her. "I'm not on any medication."

He tended to have a higher level of energy than the average human man of his build, which resulted in things like this. However, explaining that was a bit of a hat trick.

PM
^
Winny Lumis
 Posted: Dec 26 2016, 01:21 PM
Winny Lumis
is currently Offline.
They say time's supposed to heal ya, but I ain't done much healin'.
job
Travel Nurse
~Human
group
Thea
alias
14 secrets

Rivers and Roads
rivers 'til I reach you
Henry seemed fairly casual about his high blood pressure, explaining it ran a bit high and he wasn't on medication. That was concerning to Winny. It seemed he wasn't surprised to hear that, but he also wasn't being treated for it. She made a note on his chart.

"Okay, it looks like you've been running a fever. They gave you some medication for that. I'm going to take your temperature and then we'll be done."

Winny set his chart down and squirted some hand sanitizer into her palm from the pump on the wall, as was her habit. She rubbed the sanitizer between her hands as she went back over to the bed. She opened a drawer and pulled out an electronic thermometer, sanitizing it and putting a sterile plastic cover on it. She was a bit rushed now, eager to get the doctor back in the room to examine this guy.

BRICK | 152
PM
^
Berrick Hearthstone
 Posted: Jan 17 2017, 08:31 PM
Berrick Hearthstone
is currently Offline.
N/A
job
unemployed
~Fae
group
Thea
alias
13 secrets

winny. 268.
thx »

oh, oh, oh, I'm on fire.

If Brick had doubted Winny's change in demeanor, he became sure of it as she continued, her examination becoming curt and pointed rather than casual and friendly. Like any thoughtful medical professional who was worth their salt, she was concerned for him based on what she was seeing.

Well, that was no good if he wanted to get out of this place at all, never mind unnoticed.

Ah, his temperature. That was a dead giveaway every time that something wasn't right with him. While the average human being tended to run somewhere in the upper ninety-degree range, he tended to run upwards of one-hundred, which always caused a great deal of concern and upset and led him to long hospital stays as they tried to break a non-existent fever, and while doing so made him more and more unhealthy.

No, he couldn't have this. He needed a way off this path, and soon.

As Winny came at him with a thermometer, he gripped her wrist gently, but firmly to stop her.

"There's no need for that," he said quietly.

He looked around to make sure there was no one else in earshot and motioned for her to lean closer so he could whisper to her.

"I need you to help me," he told her. "But helping me is going to sound a lot like malpractice on your end. I understand that, but I need you to listen to me."

He looked at her pleadingly, still not sure what exactly he was going to ask of her, but before he asked anything he needed her to hear him out.

PM
^
Winny Lumis
 Posted: Jan 27 2017, 08:23 PM
Winny Lumis
is currently Offline.
They say time's supposed to heal ya, but I ain't done much healin'.
job
Travel Nurse
~Human
group
Thea
alias
14 secrets

Rivers and Roads
rivers 'til I reach you
Winny finished prepping the thermometer.

"I just need to put this in your ear for a few seconds," she began.

But, as she went to take his temperature he grabbed her arm. Winny's eyes widened in alarm as she tensed. She'd had patients put their hands on her before, but it was usually someone in distress. With how calm Henry had been up until now, it caught her by surprise. Even more alarming was the heat radiating from his hand into her skin. She could feel he was warm even without the thermometer.

When he told her there was no need to check his temperature, she thought 'no shit.' Then he beckoned her closer. That was a bit strange, but she leaned in to hear him better as he spoke. The word malpractice made her pull back in surprise, but when he asked her to listen she gave a slow nod.

"Okay, I'm listening."

It wasn't uncommon for patients to refuse treatment, but if their maladies were considered life-threatening it wasn't always up to them.

BRICK | 175

PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (2) 1 2 
Add Reply

Static Affiliates
Scrolling Affiliates

skin created by miss texas. at caution 2.0.